Background

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Motherhood: Not for The Faint at Heart



Over the past several weeks I've dealt with a bike injury to my son's mouth that led to a bacterial infection, my baby girl's last immunization until school (can't believe how fast she's growing up), the same son had a cavity which led to a pulpectomy and two crowns, and finally the dreaded pink eye! 
On FB I read two new Mommies' posts about explosive poop and teething! 
These are only a few things that us mothers deal with on a daily basis.  How in the world do we do it??!!

As mothers, we constantly worry about our children.  We try to make sure that they have the best pediatrician, the best school, we hover over them during playtime making sure they don't get dirty, etc. 

Children are a gift from God (Psa.127:3).  They belong to Him, and us mothers are supposed to take care of them and oversee that they fulfill His purpose.  Far too many of us are too hard on ourselves. We stress ourselves out by trying to have too much control. 

However, today I want you to simply rest (yes, i said rest) in the fact that God has these same motherly attributes (Gen.1:27), and also how much more does He want to care and nurture for His children?!  Matthew 7:11 says, "If you then, imperfect as you are, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" (Weymouth New Testament).  He placed the gift of motherhood in us, and He assigned these children to us.  Therefore, He knows what's best for them and us.  

Motherhood is an attribute of God. Genesis 1:27 says that 'we were made in His image'.  As mothers we are faced with lots of different issues each and everyday when it comes to maintaining our homes and caring for our children.  It is not always easy, but I want to remind you that you have a God who shares your heart. I think that we often think of God as just another man. We recognize His masculinity... But Genesis 1:27 says that God created us both (male and female) in His image.  Therefore, He knows our feminine heart, and He is there to strengthen us.  

I have four children whose ages range from 1-16. (I'm no expert by far but) Over time, I've learned to just let things go when it comes to them.  I can not control every single aspect of each of their lives. They belong to God, and the only reason that I want the best for them is because God put that in me.  I am also learning that we are their greatest Intercessors, so we can't be distracted by our own plans and/or devices.
 
Faint-hearted is defined as Lacking conviction, boldness, or courage; timid; cowardly; fearful.  There are definitely times when we are going to feel fearful or weak, and that's okay because of God's grace; when we are weak, He is strong (2 Corinth.12:9-10). These are the times that we rely on the strength of His Heart.           

By understanding all of this, even when I have been to the doctor for the 5th week in a row; I trust that I can lean on Him! I know that these are His children, and He will provide what is needed for them.  I pray that you will do the same.

Happy Mother's Day! Be blessed!





No comments:

Post a Comment